>> www.joshburnham.me

This blog has been moved from this .blogspot address to another blogging platform. You can feel free to click around and read what's here, but for any new content, please check www.JoshBurnham.me.

4.17.2010

Yesterday's News

This news is overdue. Many close to me already know this, but I'm finally sharing here.

I left the staff at Statesboro FUMC at the beginning of January. It was a somewhat quick decision, and one that I wasn't necessarily expecting. Officially, I resigned my position as director of youth ministry for reasons I neither feel I should share, nor do I think would be appropriate to share, in this forum. I will say that my family very much enjoyed our time serving there and we made several very close friendships. As I met with the pastor and Staff Relations committee, we talked, and everybody came to the decisions that needed to be made, the truth of Philippians 4.7 was a reality for me. Were I writing the script, I wouldn't have written it the way it happened, but I wouldn't trade where it's led me for anything. God's so much smarter than I am!

I've taken some time to tackle projects around the house, keep the kids, reflect on the past year of youth ministry, and read. Two other biggies: we began attending another church and I began looking for another job. More on that in future posts.

Technorati tags: ,