>> www.joshburnham.me

This blog has been moved from this .blogspot address to another blogging platform. You can feel free to click around and read what's here, but for any new content, please check www.JoshBurnham.me.

12.07.2009

Results and Identity

How do you define success in ministry? In business, it's profits. In education, it's students who pass tests. In comedy, it's getting a laugh. But in ministry?

Wanting to be "successful," this is a question I've wrestled with over and over. This video (from an event called The Nines) didn't settle the issue for me, but it did help add to the debate in my brain.

Bottom line: Legitimacy in ministry isn't rooted in outcomes, but rather in one's identity in Christ.


Skye Jethani wrote a book called The Divine Commodity which I haven't read, yet, but do have a copy of (Thanks Bloggers' Meetup!). I would, however, recommend his list of Church Leader Look Alikes.

HT: Carlos Whittaker

Technorati tags: , , ,


0 comments:







Post a Comment