>> www.joshburnham.me

This blog has been moved from this .blogspot address to another blogging platform. You can feel free to click around and read what's here, but for any new content, please check www.JoshBurnham.me.

9.18.2009

A Quote for Friday

In honor of College Football season, September will feature some great quotes by some of college football's greatest people.



"My advice to defensive players: Take the shortest route to the ball and arrive in a bad humor."

Bowden Wyatt / Tennessee



"I could have been a Rhodes Scholar, except for my grades."

Duffy Daugherty / Michigan State



"Always remember ..... Goliath was a 40 point favorite over David."

Shug Jordan / Auburn



"They cut us up like boarding house pie. And that's real small pieces."

Darrell Royal / Texas



"Show me a good and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."

Knute Rockne / Notre Dame



"They whipped us like a tied up goat."

Spike Dykes / Texas Tech



"I asked Darrell Royal, the coach of the Texas Longhorns, why he didn't recruit me and he said: "Well,Walt, we took a look at you and you weren't any good."

Walt Garrison / Oklahoma State



"Football is not a contact sport - it is a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport."

Duffy Daugherty / Michigan State



After USC lost 51-0 to Notre Dame, his postgame message to his team: "All those who need showers, take them."

John McKay / USC

Technorati tags:


0 comments:







Post a Comment