>> www.joshburnham.me

This blog has been moved from this .blogspot address to another blogging platform. You can feel free to click around and read what's here, but for any new content, please check www.JoshBurnham.me.

6.18.2009

Two Questions About the God You Know

In Genesis 35 God has just called Jacob to go to a certain place, build an altar, and worship. So Jacob tells his household, "Let's get up and go, y'all." (Loosely translated.)

But as he's telling them this, he says to them, "Let us arise and go up to Bethel, that I may make there an altar to the God who answered me in the day of my distress and has been with me wherever I have gone."

What a name for God!

What an understanding of his dependance on God Jacob must have had. So let me ask the questions:

  • How often has God been "the God who answered you in your day of distress?"
  • How often do you and I realize God "has been with me wherever" we go?

That's something worth being thankful for and a reality for how we should see the world around us.

Technorati tags: , ,


0 comments:







Post a Comment