>> www.joshburnham.me

This blog has been moved from this .blogspot address to another blogging platform. You can feel free to click around and read what's here, but for any new content, please check www.JoshBurnham.me.

6.11.2009

He Counted Him As Righteous

As I was reading through Gen15 recently, I noticed something I hadn't noticed before.

Gen15:6 reads:

Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness.

When I read it this time, I got confused by the pronouns; he and him. Who were the pronouns referring to, God or Abram?

Now, I did some reading in other translations and I know the "he" refers to God and the "him" refers to Abram; that God saw Abram's faith in and trust in God and God counted that as Abram's righteousness. And that's a good lesson for any of us: acting on faith in God is an act of righteousness before God.

But maybe it's still true if the pronouns are reversed. What if it read that Abram heard God's words as right, that he considered God's words as right because they were words coming from the LORD, and that's why he believed. That's a good lesson for any of us also: we can trust God, whatever He says, because of who He is. He's God.

Sometimes it's not just what you hear that counts. It's who you hear it from.

Technorati tags: , ,


0 comments:







Post a Comment