>> www.joshburnham.me

This blog has been moved from this .blogspot address to another blogging platform. You can feel free to click around and read what's here, but for any new content, please check www.JoshBurnham.me.

3.09.2009

Some Music for Your Monday

Some music that's been playing in my ipod lately...

Robbie Seay Band : Give Yourself Away
Such a good reminder of hope and to love God with all I've got and all I am. And then to love people as an overflow of that.
The Style: relaxed rock.
The Homerun: The popular song from this has been "Song of Hope (Heaven Come Down)," and it's really very good, but I'd recommend "Rise" and "Love Wins."
The Lyric: "Love is strong, love is strong, love is strong / It's been there holding you all along / Everything thrown away will be new again / And love will be the last thing standing" -Love Wins

Robbie Seay Band : Give Yourself Away



Jon Black : Goodbye Golden Age
This has been the audio-backdrop for my recent "get work done" moods. The headphones go in, the Jon Black comes on, and work is getting done.
The Style: soft southern rock.
The Homerun: It's a split between "I Am the Tempted" and "Broken Places". Also, "Declaration" is great, but I'd heard an earlier, stripped-down version with just Jon and his guitar, and I think it's spoiled me.
The Lyric: "It's routine that's robbing us / It's routine that some live for / 'Cause routine is safe and calm / But we could ride this storm" - Declaration

Jon Black : Goodbye Golden Age



Joshua James : The Sun Is Always Brighter (Deluxe Edition) & B-sides It's Dark Outside
Folk. Laid-back, message driven folk. Acoustic and raw. I love it. I actually bought both of these at the same time, and don't really differentiate between them when I'm listening since they're on the same playlist. Btw, I also picked up "Floods and Fields", his short Christmas album, and it's fun for a different feel of Christmas songs.
The Style: I just told you; it's folk, with a country feel at times.
The Homerun: "Lovers Without Love". You could pick "Crash This Train", "Colby's Song", "Cowboys and Indians", "FM Radio", "Dangerous", and "The New Love Song" all as stand-outs, but if you're looking for the homerun go with "Lovers Without Love."
The Lyric: "Well another silly love song could make me sick / About a heart broke emo rocker and his messed up chick / Are we so deaf dumb and blind we can’t see the candlestick / Burnin down" - The New Love Song


Joshua James : The Sun Is Always Brighter

Technorati tags: , , , , , ,


0 comments:







Post a Comment