>> www.joshburnham.me

This blog has been moved from this .blogspot address to another blogging platform. You can feel free to click around and read what's here, but for any new content, please check www.JoshBurnham.me.

3.10.2009

The Hits Just Keep On Coming

I laughed at this so hard when I first saw it.

Maybe you've heard of this, but it was news to me. Microsoft has software called "Songsmith". Basically, you sing along to a drum track, and the software records your voice, and then generates the music to back you up, and Voila! Your very own song.

Here's the ad:
(No. Really. It's the real Microsoft ad. Yes, I'm serious - but I don't know if they were.)


And that's not even what I thought was so funny...

Naturally, some brilliant people had the creative idea to take vocal tracks from popular songs, run them through Songsmith, and some of the results couldn't be any better! It's best if you know the original and you can listen to just enough to get the feel of the new song and really appreciate the humor. At the risk of posting too many videos at one time, here were some of my favorites:

"Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor


"White Wedding" by Billy Idol


"Wonderwall" by Oasis


"Roxanne" by The Police


If you're still hooked on this stuff... Crazy Train, Beat It, I Heard It Through the Grapevine, Hotel California, and of course Never Gonna Give You Up.

One more reason, Microsoft is so great... [cough, cough]

Technorati tags:


0 comments:







Post a Comment