>> www.joshburnham.me

This blog has been moved from this .blogspot address to another blogging platform. You can feel free to click around and read what's here, but for any new content, please check www.JoshBurnham.me.

11.16.2007

NYWC 07: General Session #2

-If you’re going to have a worship service, starting with Third Day is a good way to get things kicked off.
-Daren Streblow is a weird and funny guy.
-Curt Cloninger has a gift.
-Chris Tomlin and crew do a great job engaging a crowd of people in worship.

SPEAKER : Shane Claiborne
(Personal note: I was really excited about hearing him, and very much looking forward to it. So I came into this one with some expectations. More thoughts to follow…)

Here’s his whole transcript:

Reads: The Sermon on the Mount
Prays: God, may we have the courage to live that out.
Shane exits the stage

(It was one of those where a few thousand people sit in their chairs silent and all wondering, “is that it?” Initially I was disappointed and surprised – “no way ys just brought him in for that, they’re seriously going to want their money back and will not be inviting ‘mr claiborne’ back for another round”. But, as I sat with it, as I thought about his words, it may end up being one of the most powerful General Session messages from the weekend. And I have this odd feeling that anytime I hear Jesus’ words from those three chapters of Matthew, I will always ask God for the courage to live that out. ys- you may not have paid him enough…)

Technorati tags: , , , , , , ,


0 comments:







Post a Comment