>> www.joshburnham.me

This blog has been moved from this .blogspot address to another blogging platform. You can feel free to click around and read what's here, but for any new content, please check www.JoshBurnham.me.

10.08.2007

Guiding Star

I first heard Vusi Mahlasela on a live recording of “Everyday” by DMB. I was interested and saw this video from a TEDtalk. So I bought his newest CD “Guiding Star” last week (bought it two weeks ago, received it last week).

I’ve enjoyed the variety of styles throughout the CD: some songs being in African languages and others in English, the rhythms and beats, and his vocals are on par with Dave Matthews (who I think is one of the tops).

Coming through the anti-apartheid movement of South Africa, Vusi has much to say about forgiveness, compassion, morality, and love. He seems to be a pretty amazing person.

Personal favorites right now: Jabula, Everytime, River Jordan, and Thula Mama. (But I'm sure the next time I listen to it, I'll fall in love with another one.)

Technorati tags: ,


0 comments:







Post a Comment