>> www.joshburnham.me

This blog has been moved from this .blogspot address to another blogging platform. You can feel free to click around and read what's here, but for any new content, please check www.JoshBurnham.me.

2.27.2007

Wrestlin' With My Mind (or Nike's "Just Do It")

"More people act their way into a new way of thinking than they think their way into a new way of acting." Thanks to David for this quote, which I've heard before but need to be reminded of.

Makes me think of when I was white water rafting with some folks one time. During a break, several of us wanted to jump in the water and swim a little, but the water was SO cold. I sat there trying to convince myself I could just jump in and how much I wanted to swim and that it wouldn't be all that bad and... And there was another guy who just shouted "there's nothing to doing it but just doing it!" And with that he ran and jumped in.

Sometimes maybe we overthink the situation when what we really need is to just get to it.

Technorati tags: ,


0 comments:







Post a Comment