>> www.joshburnham.me

This blog has been moved from this .blogspot address to another blogging platform. You can feel free to click around and read what's here, but for any new content, please check www.JoshBurnham.me.

8.31.2006

Moving In (part 4)

Here's the latest house news. Tomorrow morning they install the carpet and should finish by lunch time. Then we move in!

So now here's the fun story.

I'm borrowing a truck from a friend to move the furniture and boxes and all on Saturday morning. He's going out of town for the weekend, so I had to pick the truck up today. He has an oil business, so this is the truck they use for transporting oil drums, and it has a hydraulic lift on the back.

This thing is a beast! It must be twenty-five years old, and drives like a tank. It's a stick shift with 1, 2, 3, 4, & R. My buddy tells me first is geared low for hauling the oil drums, so don't use it. So you start it in second and basically drive with three gears. The upholstry is pretty nice if you like threads and foam. There's a huge hole in the dash board where a radio could go and the AC doesn't work. The rattle and hum of the engine simply makes you feel manly. I don't even know how to spell the way it sounds. Maybe "bbbrrrrrr-bbrrrr-bbbrrrrr" or "whaaahhh-wwhoohh". You get the idea. The bed is nearly rusted out, but definitely still very solid.

I'm telling you, this is an incredible truck.

Technorati tags: ,






0 comments:







Post a Comment