>> www.joshburnham.me

This blog has been moved from this .blogspot address to another blogging platform. You can feel free to click around and read what's here, but for any new content, please check www.JoshBurnham.me.

8.16.2006

Eating from both ends of the burrito?

This has been 'one of those weeks' and it's certainly 'one of those days.' It's good though, just lots to accomplish in a short amount of time. While I was out ordering carpet for the house and getting supplies for our big ministry meeting tonight, I pulled through TacoBell for some life sustaining fake mexican faire; "one burrito supreme and one chalupa, please."

As I sat at my desk eating, the back end of the burrito dropped out, so I ended up having to nibble from both ends of the burrito. Then it occured to me...

It figures I'd be eating my burrito from both ends because that's how I've been living lately. So tommorrow is a day off. That's not something I've handled well, lately. I've been trying so hard to establish myself in this new ministry position, making plans for the fall, meeting people, organizing the office... So today, there's a stake in the ground. A line in the sand. A police tape reading 'do not cross' placed around tomorrow. As much as there is left to do this week, no job related work tomorrow.

He said to them, "This is what the LORD commanded: 'Tomorrow is to be a day of rest, a holy Sabbath to the LORD.'" -Exodus 16:23a

Technorati tags: ,


0 comments:







Post a Comment