>> www.joshburnham.me

This blog has been moved from this .blogspot address to another blogging platform. You can feel free to click around and read what's here, but for any new content, please check www.JoshBurnham.me.

7.26.2006

We're home owners!

It's official. We closed on the house today. I must have signed my name on sixty something pages! Now I get to spend the weekend cleaning and painting and ...

We think we're still about two weeks from moving in, but we'll see. Maybe we'll be surprised. Maybe.

Shannon has a "new-teacher-orientation" at her new school tomorrow, and her school year starts Monday. I think she's excited and looking forward to getting into a regular schedule and routine again. I know she's relieved to have some of the questions about the house settled (or, well, at least settling).

For the past few months I've really been dwelling on the concept of God as a provider. I have come a long way in trusting that God is our provider. When the need to move began to surface in our life last winter, I started to worry about all sorts of things. The biggest things were my position in ministry, Shannon's job, and a place for us to live. As we made the decision to move, doors started opening.

I was put in contact with a great church that we are now a part of. The early conversations went well, and the potential for ministry here seemed to be a great fit (and so far has been great). Big issue number one - CHECK!

Shannon interviewed with a few schools in the area, and next week is starting with a teaching position that is just what she has wanted. Big issue number two - CHECK!

We began looking for a house right after deciding to move to the area, still a few months ahead of the moving date. The process was a bit slower and more frustrating that we had hoped for, but eventually worked out (and looks like it might even be a better situation than we had originally expected). And in the mean time, while we were looking, were offered a place to stay for the summer, giving us the extra needed time to find what we really want (and can afford!). Big issue number three - CHECK!

I can see how this really has been a growing process for me. I'm not a worrier. I'm actually more of a not-worrier. But these were some big decisions, decisions that impacted more than just me; me, shannon, our families, the church we were leaving, the church we were coming to be a part of, on and on...

It really was a time that I was learning to trust God to lead where we were to follow and to trust that he would provide all our needs. I suppose Mick and the boys were right: "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need." I just don't think they realise who it is that provides for our needs...

"Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide." -Gen.22:13,14

Technorati tags: ,


0 comments:







Post a Comment