>> www.joshburnham.me

This blog has been moved from this .blogspot address to another blogging platform. You can feel free to click around and read what's here, but for any new content, please check www.JoshBurnham.me.

1.06.2010

The Sound of Potential

God used this video of a young man born without eyes and limited use of his joints to teach me some things I needed to hear today:



• Attitude and perspective are inextricably connected
One defines the other.

• Plan B is ok.
"Ok, we're not going to play baseball, but we're going to play music together. And that was really exciting. Let's see how far we can run with this."

• A father sacrificing for his child is stirring, always.
I think there's a reason that story moves everybody.

• Our limitations may be the very things that give birth to our greatest gifts, if we'll let them.
It's like a cosmic judo move or something. In the video Patrick Henry Hughes makes the comment, "God made me blind and unable to walk. Big deal! He gave me the musical gifts I have and the great opportunity to meet new people." He may not have been able to do so many of the things that other people do in the way that other people do them, but that doesn't prevent him from doing the things he can do. And much of what he does are things that others can't do. Plus, and this is important, he doesn't do it alone.

• Don't be that guy... whoever that other guy is. Be you.
I think we often see what we admire in others - their gifts and talents and abilities. I wonder how often the pressure we put on ourselves to imitate or conform to those things, thinking that would allow us to inspire others, prevents us from being what God would have us be. And if we'd just be obedient to who God has made us... well THAT WOULD inspire others.

Technorati tags: , ,


1 comment:








Taylor

said...

Hey, great post! I totally agree with the statement "Our limitations may be the very things that give birth to our greatest gifts". So true!

I was wondering if you would like to contribute this article and maybe more to our resource page (www.calledtoyouthministry.com). We're trying to reach out to youth workers/pastors and encourage each other!

Shoot me an e-mail,
-Taylor (tclyde52@gmail.com)




Post a Comment