>> www.joshburnham.me

This blog has been moved from this .blogspot address to another blogging platform. You can feel free to click around and read what's here, but for any new content, please check www.JoshBurnham.me.

5.11.2009

The Leadership Quality of "Humble Confidence"

There's a phrase that I've tried to hold onto for a couple years now: humble confidence. For me, that means a balance of pushing aside arrogance and cockiness and still living with a sureness and confidence in who you are and who God has called you to be. I was in a workshop taught by Rob Bell and he mentioned a similar idea of a walking with a "holy humble swagger." I thought that was nicely put, and it made me smile a little bit.

Anyway, so when I read this post by Perry Noble, I just kept shaking my head in agreement:

A humble leader is a hungry leader–always seeking to learn, grow and be stretched. They acknowledge they do not have all of the answers and never allow themselves to reduce God down to a system or formula.

Humble leaders don’t view themselves as better than others (Philippians 2:3-4) when their church experiences success.

...

One of the things the Lord has taught me is that leadership on the most effective level is when I listen to God and then do what He says.

A leader must be confident that he has heard from the Lord. He must have a fire inside of him that consumes him…one that he is willing to talk about with anyone who will listen…and one he should be willing to lay down his life for.
Read the rest here.

Technorati tags: , , ,


0 comments:







Post a Comment