>> www.joshburnham.me

This blog has been moved from this .blogspot address to another blogging platform. You can feel free to click around and read what's here, but for any new content, please check www.JoshBurnham.me.

10.16.2006

Guess what I found today...

There are a couple of things that always stay on my desk (other than the not-so-neat-but-always-organized stacks). I keep some 'office supplies' type stuff; phone, inbox, stapler, tape dispenser. I've got a nice desk lamp and a framed picture of Shannon and me. There are a couple of fun 'me' things, too; a name plate (courtesy of Dan), my Jesus bobble-head (a gift from my brother), and I keep two pennies on my desk. Something else I keep is a small piece of paper with a couple verses on it.

Today, I was processing all the clutter that had collected in the inbox (and had really started taking over the desk) and I uncovered my little Bible verse paper. Something about seeing myself have to dig this out of the pile made me realize part of the reason I've felt overwhelmed lately:

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is thy faithfulness.
'The Lord is all I need,' says my soul,
'therefore I will hope in him.'
The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul that seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord."
-Lamentations 3:22-26

(and yes, it's from lamentations. gosh.)

Technorati tags: ,


0 comments:







Post a Comment