>> www.joshburnham.me

This blog has been moved from this .blogspot address to another blogging platform. You can feel free to click around and read what's here, but for any new content, please check www.JoshBurnham.me.

10.26.2006

Do you GTD?

Turns out I may be a geek.

A while back David Alexander mentioned reading a little book about getting things done. It was creatively titled, Getting Things Done ["gtd" if you're in]. My interested was piqued. As I rode along the information super-highway that sits on my desktop, I discovered lots of people A)talking about this book and B)talking about nifty little ways to get big done in small time. Basically, now I write stuff on a stack of index cards ('cause they're cheap and fit in my back pocket), have an inbox on my desk, and make to-do lists.

So, I decided I'd read the book. I expect most of it to come down to this formula: write stuff down, have a way to regularly look at what you wrote down, and do those things. But I dropped $15 on B&N hoping I'll discover a little golden nugget or two.

If you'd like a little what I like to call "productive procrastination", here you go: 43folders, 43f-odeo, pastor hacks, lifedev, lifehack, lifehacker... Not all great. Some seem like absolute techno-philes, some seem helpful, some seem... well, it's "productive procrastination."

Technorati tags: , , , , , , ,


0 comments:







Post a Comment